Wednesday, October 31, 2007

#16 So what's in a Wiki?

Having limited knowledge of Wiki's (I had only heard and used Wikipedia) there is a whole world out there of people putting in their little bits of info and knowledge (?) to the world. So deciphering whether or not the info is reliable depends on the site your looking at I guess. The library sites would be pretty reliable I'd say! Liked bookloverswiki - thought the idea of the staff book reviews was great. Even though we have that on our library website, it would be great to use this method as other staff and patrons can easily add their opinions to it. Also, as our library info such as new release titles is updated monthly, this would be an easy and quick tool to use. Wikipedia provided me with information on a certain TV series that has just ended, that I could not find using a google search. It was quite frustrating but Wikipedia came through with the goods!

No comments: